maandag 5 november 2012

Bertman vs the raid - the Spiritfucker

And another post cleaned up for the masses.

This time it's about our raid on the 30th of October.


Our raid last night was a success. Nothing more to be said about that really.

First up was Spiritfucker the Troll.

The fight itself wasn’t really hard for tanks. Honestly, it’s one of the easier fights I’ve ever done.

Thing with these easy fights is that you get disconnected as a player. I literally had to force myself to focus.

It’s also extremely frustrating to have such an easy job when the raid is struggling. I couldn’t do anything to help really. When I was in the spirit realm I always tried to kill one or two mobs myself but I doubt it really helped a lot.

Somehow I’m surprised we didn’t come up with the duo heal strategy earlier.

The fight is a typical duo heal fight. More dps actually means less damage. I’m usually a bit cautious of going to a duo heal strategy ‘cause I always get the feeling that it’s like giving dps permission to suck.

Maybe that’s just me being old skool, I don’t know, but I have the idea engraved in my head that it’s two tanks, three healers and five dps on all fights. It’s weird ‘cause I think that we where one of the first groups of people on the server to go one tank/two healers/seven dps in Karazhan. We certainly where the first group of people to pug like that. I still remember pugs leaving when they heard we only had two healers and one tank.

Anyway, I’ve done some more research and apparently it’s the set up everyone uses on the Spiritbinder fight so we’re not really doing anything special or compensating for anyone. It just irks me a bit.

The kill was “messy” with only harp surviving. According to Guddy an ex-GM of Renown used to bitch about that. I don’t know why you would be anything but happy after a kill like that. I can see that you want bosses asap on “farm status” and that “messy” kills of “farm bosses” are not desired but on progression a kill is a kill. It’s one of those things we have in Renown. We push content hard. We used to be super hard core in LK and reached very high highs. Cata can be described as our low. MOP is going to be the expansion where we really fortify our foundation of a guild that raids “professionally” in the limited time we give ourselves.

This means pushing bosses with “lesser gear” because we aren’t online 24/7. This also means a lot of exhilarating bosskills in our future (and 1 % wipes)

Anyway, back to the Spiritfucker.

He died once we switched to a duo heal strat on the first attempt. I saw it coming two minutes into the fight.

In the end it got dicey with only la Harp surviving but we did it. Another boss down.

To bad Linu wasn’t there when his weapon dropped. I’m confident killing the spiritnab again won’t be much of a problem though. If we have a team that can get past the first two bosses, the third one should be a loot piƱata.

The spirit kings will follow the spiritturd soon enough. Once again another fight that’s really fun to do.

I’m almost certain that we’d have killed them on our last attempt if bolo didn’t dc. We did get favorable spawns of bosses twice though. The one that mind controls (or whatever the fuck it is) is a though one. I doubt we could deal with the fight as well as we did if he spawns second.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to next reset.

I’m a tad bit worried about our healing situation on Thursday though. Without San and Bolo the other healers will have to step up big time.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten