zondag 18 november 2012

One small Gnome

So, here I am. I was asked to provide some awesome content for this blog, so here we are. Today, I want to talk about our most recent raid, and specifically how utterly shite it was. I'd like to take the time to try and explain what went wrong, how it could've been prevented, and how we could suck less balls next time.

This is essential to our success.

We value skill over class and gear. This is one of our main policies. The buff reforms in MoP allow for a very versatile set-up, and allow us to take nearly all set-ups into our raids. However, this thursday we actually managed to miss two out of the eight possible buffs. This is unacceptable, and seriously hindered our ability to get things done.

So, who do we blame for all this? First of all, I'd like to take the time to extensively blame San for not getting his sign-ups in order, leaving him unable to attend last-minute. This left us with a botched set-up to begin with, and wasn't a good start overall.

Raids with botched starts tend to be very 'unorganized' in my mind. I like having things in order before a raid starts, and when I open the invites, I want to see that raid filled with 10 people within 5 minutes. I'll get to this, for I am not done with the blame-game yet.

I want to blame myself for our raidly cock-up as well. I distinctly remember San saying he could not make it this thursday, due to having to work late. At the time, I was like "Yea sure, we'll fix it". But I didn't fix it, and completely forgot to check whoever the fuck signed for that night. I should've double checked.

So, that basically explains why we had such a horrible raid that day. Oh, and one more thing. We missed our Gnome. I still thing he should change his name to "Loozi", but that's besides the point. As Bert mentioned in one of his earlier posts, my raid-leading capabilities have diminished to a point where I can't muster up the will to chase behind everyone's pants, just to get the full 100% out of them. I've never been more happy to have Luci raid-lead than now. It takes a load off my mind while raiding.

So yea, while I (we) tend to make jokes about his audio books (explanations he calls them), and his Denglish, everyone should know we can't do without that little shit, so be nice to him sometimes.

Now, about those raid invites. I'd like to get more strict in the on-time EPGP distribution. I know it's not a huge amount, but it's supposed to be an incentive for everyone to be ready when the invites open. 

Please re-read our rules on what gets you the EP, and how you can avoid not getting it. Pretty please. This makes it so much easier for us to creat a successful raiding environment. Which I'm sure you all want.

In summary, I think we can safely conclude that the success of a raid depends on many factors. But, with our limited time, we NEED to make sure all is organized. Losing time on things that shouldn't be taking our time, is not acceptable. I will learn from my mistake, and it should not happen again.

Help us, help you to create a better raid. Sign up on time, be on time. We've got this.

So, drive safe, drink in moderation, and please don't watch your eyes all the way out.

Until next time.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten